With all of the online companies coming up on the internet, this is a very frequent question that is asked now. But the answer is not as straightforward as you may think it is. Here are 5 things that you should consider if you are deciding on whether a local shop is a better place to get custom embroidered shirts or apparel.
- Turn Times – How soon do you need the clothes embroidered and delivered to you? One of the big advantages of using a local embroidery company is that it can save you between 2-4 days off of the process because you can walk into their shop and pick it up.
- Communication – Depending on the complexity of your embroidery, it usually makes it easier to do a complex project face-to-face. It is also nice to be able to speak to a live person, versus only being able to communicate through a computer. Some of the online companies do not offer a phone number on their website. They only offer an email address or a chat feature. This can lead to delays in communication and add time to the whole process.
- Samples – With a local embroidery company, you can walk into the shop and see the actual shirts, pants, bags, towels, etc. before you have them embroidered. That way you will know if they fit right and if you like the way they look in person. With an online company, you can look at a shirt and think it is one color, and then when you get the finished product, it is a different shade. Often it will be too late to fix the problem because the embroidery will already be done.
- Accountability – What happens if something goes wrong during the process? Wouldn’t it be nice if you could just walk in and talk to a person face-to-face if there is an issue? You can count on an embroidery company near you to deliver on what they promise because of this.
- Supporting Local Businesses – Local embroidery shops usually help out local schools and charities with their services as a form of giving back. By supporting a local business, you also help with keeping personal relationships within the community.
In conclusion, you can’t go wrong by picking a local embroidery company. They offer convenience and many advantages that should make your process more personable and worry free! Contact us through our online chat feature on our website, call us at (925) 829-3950 or toll-free at (855) 776-8465, or fill out the form on our embroidery page and we will contact you within 24 hours.
Embroidery Versus Screen Printing for Work Apparel
What is the Differences Between RGB and CMYK?
Pros and Cons of Screen Printing, Embroidery, and Heat Transfers
Should I Choose Screen Printing Or Embroidery For My Construction Company Shirts?